UPDATE AUGUST 19 2020
Oscar Scherer State Park is open for RESERVED CAMPING & LIMITED DAY USE PURPOSES ONLY
- There will be no rentals of any kind – no pavilions, water vessels or campsites.
- The Nature Center will remain closed.
- Playgrounds and drinking fountains will not be accessible.
- All park programs and events will be cancelled until further notice, including guided hikes and guided paddle.
- Campground is open for reserved camping only; no WALK-IN campers – CLICK HERE FOR RESERVATIONS.
- The swimming lake, trails, and day use restrooms will be open for visitors to use.
- Picnic tables have been separated in order to encourage social distancing but gatherings are increased to 50 or less.
- Normal admission fees apply
Please call the Ranger Station – 941.483.5956 – if you have any questions.
Thank You, Tony Clements, Park Manager
Friends of Oscar Scherer Park
The FOSP is a 501c3 non-profit organization; officially designated a CSO – Citizen Support Organization – by the Department of Environmental Protection. We operate under usual non-profit guidelines but have DEP oversight, due to our affiliation to a state park.
Our purpose is to raise funds from events and appropriate grants that can be used by Oscar Scherer State Park for projects and equipment purchases. Basically the “Friends” make up the shortfall in state funding and also plan more ambitious projects that we consider beneficial to the park.